Easy Delicious Meals to Surprise Your Partner with On Valentine’s Day
Nothing spells love more than coming home to a delicious home-cooked meal of something you love to eat. If you’re fresh out of ideas on how to make Valentine’s Day special this year, good food will always do the trick. Now, we may not know what makes your partner’s stomach growl in hunger, but we can give you 3 easy and delicious meal ideas to surprise him or her with on Valentine’s Day.
Grilled Citrus Salmon
- ½ Cup cooking oil
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp grated lemon zest
- Tsp grated orange zest
- Garlic clove, minced
- Salmon fillets
- Orange or lemon slices, optional
Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Grill salmon over medium heat (skin side down) for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste every 5 minutes with citrus mixture. Garnish with orange or lemon slices if desired.
Classic Steak with Garlic Butter
- 4 Rib eye steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Stick softened butter
- 1 Large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 Cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the grill to a high heat or light your outdoor grill.
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and smear both sides of the steaks with 1/2 stick of the butter.
- Grill the steaks until medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side, and then remove from the heat and keep warm. (You can also sauté them in a frying pan over medium-high heat if you prefer.)
- Melt the remaining 1/2 stick of butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, and then sauté the onions until golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Pour in the cream, a dash of salt and pepper and the Worcestershire sauce. Let it bubble up, then add the blue cheese and stir together to melt, adding more pepper or Worcestershire sauce as you wish.
- Place the steaks on plates and spoon the sauce over the top.
Roasted Garlic Tomato Spaghetti with Garlic Parmesan Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup + 1/2 tsp olive oil separated
- 1/8 Cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Head garlic peeled*
- 12 Oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 8 Oz thin spaghetti
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil packed and chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan, followed by bread crumbs, parmesan and garlic powder. Sauté until browned, stirring regularly so it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Combine garlic, tomatoes, rosemary and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes (or until tomatoes begin to blister and garlic softens).
- While tomatoes are cooking, add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until tender (8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Place pasta pot back on the stove over low heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add cooked pasta, tomato/garlic mixture and basil to the pot and stir to combine. Add pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until sauce reaches desired consistency. Taste and add salt and pepper. Top with desired amount of toasted bread crumbs.
Happy Valentine’s Day from Checkout Superstore! What are your plans for Valentine’s Day this year? Let us know in the comments down below.